What is Rueda de Casino – Salsa Rueda (also known as rueda de casino) originated in Cuba, and the basic steps are similar to Cuban style salsa. However, instead of each couple dancing individually, couples dancing rueda form a circle (“rueda” means “round” or “wheel” in Spanish) and perform moves together to the calls (and often hand signals) of one person known as the “líder” or “cantante”.
Our teachers will teach you new moves every week. Key leading and following tips, styling throughout each class.
Perfect for you if you are comfortable leading/following basic salsa steps. The course is recommended for those who have at least 3 months of salsa experience or have completed at least 2 levels of our courses.
What you will get
- A dance syllabus that is progressive, comprehensive and effective designed by Salsa Solent Dance Academy, refined by years of dance teaching and learning experience
- A learning environment that is encouraging, fulfilling and fun
- No partner necessary. Everyone rotates partners throughout the lesson
- Trained instructors that are patient, dedicated and passionate about dancing and teaching
- Friendly feedback throughout the class will allow you to master your learning quicker
Have more questions? Check our FAQ.