…you are absolutely new to salsa or if you feel like you need a little bit more practice.
No prior knowledge of dancing is needed, just bring your feet with or without rhythm and you’ll be taken care of 🙂 It doesn’t matter if you want to learn to dance for fun, health, confidence, happiness, or social – we are here to guide you through it.
The objective of the course is to bring you to a comfort level so you could dance to the beats of salsa with a partner or without. The course includes 8 lessons, each lesson 90 minutes.
There is no need to come with your own partner, we try to start the course with a matching amount of men and women.
What you will learn:
• Weeks 1–3: We will guide you through fundamentals, salsa timing, rhythm, history of salsa and basic footwork • Weeks 4–8: We will teach you partner work combinations so you can start practicing your social dancing skills. All of it with a lot of fun. Everyone rotates in class so you get to know everyone in your group*
P.S. We believe that if you can walk you can dance too (it’s all about muscle memory right?). Also PLEASE NOTE – SALSA IS ADDICTIVE!!!!
*subject to Covid rules
What you will get:
• A dance syllabus designed by Salsa Solent Dance Academy, refined by years of dance teaching and learning experience
• A dance syllabus that is progressive, comprehensive and effective
• A learning environment that is encouraging, fulfilling and fun
• No partner necessary. Everyone rotates partners throughout the lesson
• Trained instructors that are patient, dedicated and passionate about dancing and teaching
• Dance training for both the recreational dancer as well as the aspiring professional dancer
• Friendly feedback throughout the class will allow you to master your learning quicker